Linqing people, former deputy director of the Shandong Environmental Protection Bureau, worked for seven days and nights without rest to develop sulfuric acid and explosives

7 days ago • 6 pageviews

Wang Xujiu (1916.1.1-1996.3.12), male, from Linqing County (now city).

In 1935, after graduating from Jinan Shandong Provincial First Normal School, Wang Xujiu was immediately admitted to Beiping Customs Postal College.

After the "July Seven" incident in 1937, in order to resist Japan and save the country, Wang Xujiu was admitted to the training course of radio technicians of the Kuomintang Military Commission.

After graduating in the spring of 1938, Wang Xujiu was assigned to the Fifth Theater of the Kuomintang in Xuzhou as a major aircraft director.

In May 1938, Xuzhou was lost, Wang Xujiu moved to Changyi, participated in revolutionary work in November, and successively served as the chairman of the Changyi County Youth Rescue Association and the editor of the popular newspaper.

In 1941, Wang Xujiu engaged in gunpowder research, trial production and production in the Industrial Research Laboratory of the Logistics Department of the Jiaodong (originally Donghai) Military Region, and was awarded many times.

In the summer of 1944, the political commissar of the logistics department of the Jiaodong Military Region, Gao San, followed the instructions of Xu Shiyou, commander of the military region, and found Wang Xujiu and asked him to produce sulfuric acid in a short time.

Wang Xujiu found a few large porcelain jars, buckled them up to make a tower for making sulfuric acid, and used people to pull large bellows to burn iron sulfide. Wang Xujiu fought for seven days and seven nights without rest, and on the seventh day, he finally produced sulfuric acid.

Later, Wang Xujiu built a sulfuric acid plant to produce sulfuric acid in large quantities, and used sulfuric acid to decompose saltpeter to develop nitric acid, and produced nitroglycerin, smokeless and glycerol explosives.

In 1944, Wang Xujiu received an award of 50,000 yuan from the Wartime Administrative Committee of Shandong Province.

In November 1945, Wang Xujiu joined the Communist Party of China. He has successively served as technical director of the Military Industry Department of Jiaodong Military Region and director of the General Chemical Plant, deputy director of the Second Military Industry Bureau of the Ministry of Industry and Mining of East China and vice president of Jiaodong Industrial School, deputy director of the Shandong Provincial Mineral Management Bureau and deputy director of the Mining Department of the Ministry of Industry of East China, and deputy director of the Shandong Provincial Chemical Industry Bureau.

From 1945 to 1947, under extremely difficult material conditions during the Liberation War, Wang Xujiu guided the successful trial production of single- and double-base smokeless gunpowder, picric acid, colloidal glycerol explosives, etc.

In 1948, the East China Military Region awarded Wang Xujiu a special hero medal.

In 1953, Wang Xujiu was transferred to the post of deputy director of the Northwest Office of the Second Ministry of Machinery Industry and director of the 156 Preparatory Group.

In 1954, Wang Xujiu was appointed deputy director and chief engineer of the Third Bureau of the Second Machine Department.

Wang Xujiu also organized the trial production of China's first batch of gas masks.

In 1959, Wang Xujiu was mishandled, and later served as deputy director of the Shandong Provincial Environmental Protection Bureau and a senior engineer.

Wang Xujiu has published many papers on military research and development in national journals.

In 1980, the Central Organization Department completely rehabilitated the mistakes it had made in 1959.

In 1983, Wang Xujiu retired.

On March 12, 1996, Wang Xujiu died of illness in Beijing.